I know that many of you reading don’t know exactly what is going on right now.
I talked with my sister this morning and I cannot even explain to you how excited she was about this website. She was almost giddy! She went and told another one of the prisoners about it and she was really excited about the opportunity as well! I truly believe that what they are excited about is the PURPOSE and IMPACT that they can have on the world while they are in a place that offers little to no purpose and impact.
So – here is what is going on:
Randi was arrested a few weeks ago in Baton Rouge, LA. Over the past few years, Satan took a stronghold on her and she got really wrapped up in a world of drugs (Methamphetamines to be exact). She has struggled with this for a few years and found herself deeply involved in a world that many of us cannot imagine.
Here are a few basic facts for you:
1. She has been in jail for about 3 weeks now.
2. She is facing federal charges involving drug possession and intent to distribute. This is a pretty big deal. We may get into more details later…but for now, I will leave it at that.
3. The judge decided to not set bond for her which means she will be detained there until they set a date for a trial for her. This has caused a lot of heartache for our family. But we still believe that God has her right where He wants her.
5. Randi knows Christ & has been wrapped up in sin for a while…this is possible for all of us…obviously. Unlike your sin of gossip, or mine of selfishness, her sin has some legal weight with it. Yet the consequence for all sin is death. No different for any of us. This website will not be a place of judgment. If you have a heart warped with spirit of judgment, I pray that this site will help you to grow from that.
6. God is getting Randi back through all of this. I can already hear it in Randi’s voice.
More to come later today…..