Yesterday, I told Randi that she was going to be a pretty popular prisoner. And to expect a lot of letters and cards with encouragement from her brothers & sisters in Christ.
She would love to receive some of the following things:
– Self Help Books
– Devotional Books
– Inspirational Books
– Crossword Puzzles or “Brain Games” to keep her busy
Some Details to keep in mind when mailing things to her:
1. Have your full name and address on the envelope or they will return it.
2. Put her full name on the envelope as well
3. She cannot receive more than 3 pictures in one envelope.
4. No more than 3 books or magazines in a shipment at a time
5. Any books or magazines have to be mailed from a publisher or distributor. You cannot mail books that you have to her, unfortunately. You can go to www.barnesandnoble.com or many others to have stuff sent to her….BOOKS MUST BE PAPERBACK!!!!!
6. She can receive money to put on her “books” (look at my jail talk!) 🙂 The money has to be in money order form with her name on it. She has the ability to buy things like soap, shampoo, snacks, t-shirts, underwear and more of the things that I just count as essential. I guess that they really aren’t. So it is nice for her to have these things.
7. She cannot receive anything in the mail other than letters, cards, books, magazines. We cannot send any other stuff. Like snacks, etc. Wanted to make sure and mention that.
I am trying to remember if there is any other information for me to provide you with.
If you want to send her something but don’t want your address on the envelope – email me and we can talk about that. I would be happy to let you use my mailing address.
West Baton Rouge Correctional Center
P. O. Box 620
Port Allen, LA 70767
There is no ID assigned to her.
Thanks for your love and support to Randi! Cheryl or I will be publishing a list of books that have been sent to her in the sidebar here. Please leave a comment or email me at ksmccallaghan at hotmail dot com if you send her something. So – I can add it to the list. This will keep us for sending her a bunch of the same thing!